Sunday, April 24, 2005

Random Warren Zevon.

Just felt the need to post the lyrics to one of my favorite songs of his, "I'll Slow You Down." This is kinda how I feel towards the people in my life... the family members who continue to love and support me whatever way they can and whose help I feel SO guilty about taking because I know I probably don't deserve it; my really close friends who have a lot to deal with and don't need a depressive nutbag on their hands; the people I once considered really really good friends who I later found out called me psycho to other people behind my back at the same time that they were "helping" me through a depression; hell, this probably applies to my students in some way or another. They're about the only ones that I touch on a daily basis who are appreciative, I guess - them and about 3 staff members who see what I try to do. My kids show me their appreciation by respecting me, which is really more than I can say for some of the people I'm closest too. Anyways, the Zevon:

You know I hate it when you put your hand inside my head
And switch all my priorities around
Why don't you go pick on someone your own size instead?
Go on without me, I'll just slow you down
Go on without me, I'll just slow you down

You always say you know me somehow I don't think you do
Maybe you should buy another vowel
You're jumping to conclusions so I can't keep up with you
Go on without me, I'll just slow you down

I'll just hold you up
When I fall behind
I'll just throw your schedule off
So you get going if you're so inclined

You know I hate it when you put your hand inside my head
And switch all my priorities around
You think you're pretty tricky but you're simply overbred
Go on without me, I'll just slow you down

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan