Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I don't really have words...

Mom said today that if Meg doesn't get better with these allergies and the constant scratching and the chewing and the OCD that we're going to have to put her to sleep. She has an allergy to SOMETHING and no one can figure out what. She chews her fur off because she itches so bad, and it scabs, and then she itches the scabs, and it's so hard to see. She'll only do it when she's by herself, so I'm not sure if it's psychosomatic or what... if she's just scared to be alone because she doesn't know why she itches so bad, so she does it worse. Pop's been having "take your puppy to work day" when Mom works so she's not alone. The vet's looking to giving her a shot for mites as a last ditch, but if they can't get it to where the steroids and the anxiety meds even out and she's ok, then we're going to have to put her to sleep. Pop's not going to handle it well, and I'm SO upset now I can't stand it. I've been worrying for a few weeks about her, b/c Mom keeps throwing that out as an option. I don't want to lose my puppy... she's only 7. UGH... I hate having pets... they're like little kids. And I told Mom, you know, we don't put people with anxiety attacks to sleep. We don't put people with severe allergies to sleep. She's just as much a person as anyone else... which is why I just CAN'T JUSTIFY this in my head. Tai Tai, yeah, b/c Spud had stomach cancer and was throwing up blood, and was in so much pain. That hurt me enough... but this is... *sigh*

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan