Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gas Hysteria!

Well, ok, I stole that from 99x, but I digress. I waited in line yesterday for 15 minutes for gas, and in those 15 minutes, the price rose 11 cents. I topped off my tank at $25, which I'm glad I did, considering prices here are 45 cents higher today than I paid yesterday. I don't have a problem too much with the high prices, b/c in theory it should bring demand down, and thereby supply up and prices down, but who the crap can tell any more?

I'm mostly thankful for the high gas prices because that's the only thing we have to worry about here. At least our entire town didn't get blown off the map like Gulfport or Biloxi, or isn't under 20 feet of water and human waste like New Orleans. God, Katrina blows my mind... amazing how much power a hurricane can have, huh? And when you think about it, the relief missions in Mississippi are going so much better than they are in New Orleans for a reason... no THUGS. No homie G gansta thugs doing stupid ass ignorant shit to hinder the survival process. There's a reason that the historic parts of the city are ok and the ghettos aren't, and there's a reason why most of the people you see on TV fall into a certain socio-economic class. And that's all I'm going to say - but I'm still going to give blood, because regardless of their class, they're people too.

Oh, and in other news... Bush is dumb. After people complaining that the war's all about oil (which it's NOT) he goes on and tells them... it's all about oil! And some stuff about a free nation and creating a new democratic ally in the Mid East... blah blah blah... will someone tell him GOOD REASONS to spread to the nation about why we're there? Please?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU MADAM ARE A BITCH! THAT'S THE REASON YOUR DAD CAN'T STAND YOU. STOP BEING SO HEARTLESS. THE MEDIA IS AS ONE SIDED AS YOUR OPINIONS ON "THUGS".

Laura said...

And you, person, are a chicken for not leaving your name in your response. So there... if you would like to make a valid point, take the caps lock off and not make personal attacks. At least you got the punctuation right! Good job! Oh, and some food for thought - what else would you call the looters who are stealing beer and jewlery and electronics and who are breaking into hospitals to get stuff to take the "edge off?" Entrepenuers? Use some common sense.

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan