Monday, September 05, 2005

Way to go, Gov. Blanco.

God help her if this is accurate. From the Internet Journal of Public Policy:

Mayor Nagin: The President looked at me. I think he was a little, uh, surprised. He said, "No. You guys stay here. We're goin' into another section of the plane and we're gonna make a decision." He called me into his...in that office after that and he said, "Mr. Mayor, I offered two options to the Governor. I said he (and I don't remember exactly what...) two options. "I was ready to move today. The Governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision."

Interviewer: The President told you the Governor said she said she needed 24 hours to make a decision?

Mayor Nagin: Yes.

Interviewer: Regarding what--bringing troops?

Mayor Nagin: Whatever it was they had discussed. As far as what the chain--I was advocating a clear chain of command so we could get resources flowing in the right places. She said that she needed 24 hours to make a decision. It would have been great if we could have left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out. It didn't happen. And more people died.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan