Sunday, October 09, 2005

Newsflash: Braves Suck; Thrashers Don't.

Once again proving that they're the most overrated team in baseball, the Atlanta Braves blew a 5 run lead to lose to Houston 7-6 at the end of the 18th inning. So much for me being able to go see a Cards playoff game. Rematch of last year - let's see if they can knock Houston off faster this time... and not throw the Series this year? HUH?

#1 and I went to watch the Thrashers game last night. Saying that they beat Washington would be an understatement. They pounded them 8-1. 15 goals in 2 games. The Caps must be really bad this year... and it helps that the Thrashers are really good. Man, I am SO GLAD that hockey is back! I missed my mindless violence on ice. I'd forgotten how cathartic it is to watch grown men beat the snot out of each other with sticks. Big yay to Kelly for giving me the tix - but this doesn't keep me from hoping that she goes to a baseball game while she's in Houston (business trip - never can tell) and is forced to watch the Cards wallop the Astros.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan