Sunday, October 30, 2005

What is wrong with Britain?


After the horrible bombings of 7/7, I was impressed with their quick enforcement of anti-terrorism laws - you know, the kind where if you even THINK about it, you're gone. Then they went to banning pictures of pigs in workplaces. THEN the banks stopped using piggy banks in ads. Ok, pigs are unclean to Jews too. Do you hear any rabbis complaining? No. But if a Muslim complains that the swirl on a Burger King ice-cream lid looks too much like the word "Allah," heads roll (sorry). Now Prince Charles is using his state trip here to plead with the president on the benefits of Islam post 9/11. Right. And explain that to the people killed in the terrorist attacks in Bali. And New Dehli. And the Tube stations. 99.9 percent of terrorist attacks are committed by whack-job Islamic militants. When was the last time anyone heard a Buddhist going insane? Richard Gere would never blow up a hotel. I know that we all worship the same God, but if there ever were a profaining against Him and His message, it's Islam.

4 comments:

George said...

Wow Laura, you've really opened my eyes... to how ignorant people can be, and the sweeping statements they make. Where did you pull that 99.9% stat from? I'm sure you're not considering, oh, I don't know, Columbine, Oklahoma City, and what's that small group of prejudiced idiots? Oh, yeah, the KKK. I don't think the question is what's wrong with Britain, it is what's wrong with you. But I'll give you this, I heart that pic of Piglet.

Laura said...

Ahh, yes, I meant international terrorist attacks. Yes, Oklahoma City falls into that .1 percent not committed by Islamic militants. Columbine was not a terroristic attack in any sense of the word - it was an unfortunate reaction to the current school climate. And do tell what the Klan has to do with anything? Aside from them being a total group of morons, which is the obvious statement, when was the last time they decided to blow up a marketplace/resort town full of Hindis? Just wondering... there is no other religion on the face of the earth who openly condones the my way or the highway route - the president of Iran's recent statements recomending that Israel be wiped off the face of the earth - was that just a traditional polite comment, or a jab at killing thousands of people? Very polite and well-thought out response to my blog post. I do always enjoy when people ask me what's wrong with me... the list usually puts them to sleep

Anonymous said...

Gee George what rock did you just crawl out from under? Who DO you think funds most of the terrorist attacks in the world? God help us if you are of voting age.

Laura said...

Oh, and to back up what I was saying before... THIS is what this religion of peace condones. God... blows my mind. The kid was just HUNGRY for God's sake. Of course, this took place in Iran. Explains a lot.

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan