Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tough Shit.

Maybe it's beause I'm a hard-ass. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher of "high-risk" students who would pull this kind of stuff. I don't know. But the fact that a SWAT team did it's job and shot a student brandishing a gun at school before he could hurt anyone really doesn't upset me. That it was a pellet gun doesn't make it a tragedy. I love the way that the news is painting the child as the victim. He had a gun out and was making threats. Come on. What did people expect to happen? Personally, I am fed up with students' ignorant behaviors, and I have just hit the point that I feel they need to just reap the concequences of their actions. Welcome to the real world. When did our country go so pansy?

CNN.com - Teen shot at school reportedly dies - Jan 14, 2006

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan