- 2 winning months in a row - for our team, that's an accomplishment. We were 6-5-1 for Feburary, and so far with 3 games left in March we're 7-3-0. Not half bad, especially our March record so far.
- Slava Kozlov leading the league in power play points and being 6 for 7 on the shootout. Unreal.
- Rich Peverley being the best waiver wire pick up of the season
- Having 4 (and potentially 5 with Army having 17) 20 goal scorers on the year: Kovy, Little, Kozzy, and White. Kovy's got 37 and Little has 31, good for 2nd most among league right wingers (tied with Ignila behind Hossa - and if you're doing a search on NHL.com, Little's still listed as a center).
- Todd White breaking his previous season record for points - he currently has 66.
- Marty Reasoner managing to be +10 on this team.
- Toby Enstrom and Zach Bogosian being a fun and exciting defensive pairing that's effective and can score - Toby is +7 with 4G 21A, and ZBo is +6 with 5G 8A during a shortened season.
- Captain Kovy being #7 in the league in points and 4th in goals - one good streak and he'll be #2 again - so much for the slow start.
- Bryan Little being #4 in the league with a 19.7 shot percentage.
- Our 10th ranked powerplay, which is pleasant since our PK is #29.
- Kari, when healthy and motivated, has the ability to be a total beast. His stats don't show how well he's played recentlty
Monday, March 23, 2009
There are actually quite a few positives to take away from this season if you're a Thrashers fan. Yes, the record is not one of them. At all. But we have had a few good things go down.
Posted by Laura (aka Hildymac) at Monday, March 23, 2009