Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kari's been resigned.

Per the Blueland Blog, our starting goalie has been resigned. The terms of the deal haven't been made public as per team policy, but once I hear a rumor of how long and how much, I'll post it. Hopefully it's for more than a year, because if not, well... that has trade bait written all over it.

EDIT: Per Craig Custance, it's a 1 year deal for $3 million. Nice deal... but that one year thing makes me wonder. Moose got 2, and Pavs is down in Chicago.

Now it's wait and see time.

Officialness from the AJC.

Goalie is one place the Thrashers have quality depth, with Johan Hedberg re-signed to a two-year contract and Ondrej Pavelec one of the top prospects in the organization. Waddell has talked about the possibility the Thrashers would make one or more trades, though he hasn't mentioned any players or positions. Might Lehtonen end up elsewhere?

"I don't think so, and I hope not," Lehtonen said. "I think the coach and Don and the whole organization, they trust me, and I think they're looking for me to have great success with this organization. I'm happy here, and I don't want to go anywhere."

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan