Friday, November 21, 2008

Hey, we kept up with them.

The Pens are, without a doubt, one of the best teams in the league. I throughly respect them, and heck - I like 'em. Always have. Being a kid and watching Jagr and Lemeuix play on TV was a special thing, even though it was only once in a blue moon. I adore Malkin and while I am a bit tired of seeing Crosby everywhere I go (Ovy? Come on - much more the face of the league if it has to have one), he is an amazing playmaker and a natural talent - perfectly gifted. I mean, check out his goal from last night (that I was literally ON THE GLASS to see). It knocked me out.





Speaking of hits, poor Todd White got LEVELED. He looked like he didn't even know where he was coming off of the ice.



Kovy kinda went after Cooke for a hit on Slava, but there wasn't anything to make up for the hit that Letang placed on The Todd. I hope he's back for Saturday - the Slava-Todd-Little line is amazing. Slava is 8th in the league for goals... and has 5 more than Sid. Heh.

The team impressed me as a whole with killing off that 5-on-3. Pavs earned his #2 star of the night just with that cycle alone. Some of the best goaltending I've seen in quite a while. Keep it up, Pavs - you're stealing the spotlight from someone else.

1 comments:

aaron said...

about Pavs: agree totally. now that lehts is on IR, he'll get the look he deserves. thanks for the linkage.

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan