Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jesusmarianhossa.

Ok, I expected the Wings contingent to be quite huge last night. But... good GOD. I now know what it feels like to be in Detroit, and I never want to feel that way again. But, at least I figured out why the Joe's so empty - everyone's left the city and spread out to annoy everyone else in the US and Canada.

Not a pleasant game, but a few upshots - we nearly matched them on SOG, Slava's on a 7 game point streak, Stewie scored his first even strength goal, and we almost got a few Red Wings to drop the gloves.

Oh, and this guy was there:

This photo sums up the whole game.

Hossa was booed by the half of the crowd that wasn't made up of Wings fans. I didn't boo him, because I don't think he dogged it on purpose when he was here, and I think he's one of the best in the game and never pretended to want anything other than the Cup. He's also had a lot of nice stuff to say about Atlanta. As someone who was once trapped in a job that she hated, I actually sympathized with him last year. He did pretty ok last night, scoring a goal and all.

Osgood's probably why they won - he's their new road goalie because he plays better away from Detroit. Wouldn't you?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan