Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Da-mn Pavelec.

Who worked on you with rebound control after the St. Louis game? You are a totally different goalie. I have never, EVER seen a Thrashers goalie make so many highlight reel saves in one game in my life. As Pierre McGuire said, Kari better buy a ticket, because he's heading out of town if this keeps up. Absolutely unreal game.

Probably could have won it if Kozlov hadn't chosen OT to take a game misconduct (yes, you heard that right) by shoving Gionta into the boards. Hopefully the league won't take further action, because Kozlov holds the Thrashers record for games played, and I would absolutely hate to see his streak come to an end because of a stupid move.

Anywho, with that win, Atlanta hops Buffalo for the fifth seed in the West, and we're 1 point behind the Caps, and they've played 2 more games than us. If we win Thursday night (and I think that we can), we are in 1st in the Southeast. If we can keep this pace up, well... let's just say that in our first 6 games we've gotten 9 out of 12 points. I don't expect this to last forever, but I am enjoying it while it lasts.

The Blues game, on the other hand, I am trying to forget. Hard.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan