Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stupid Finn.

No, I'm not complaining about Kari. Pekka Rinne is a beast. Amazing. But did he really have to show it last night? 0-0 going into OT, and Nashville and St. Louis still wind up with 3 points each from this home-home series. We should be 2 points out of a playoff spot, not 5. Yes, there's still plenty of time to make this up, but it still annoys me and makes me nervous, because God only knows what is coming in the future.

Something to smile about - February has been very, very good for the Blues. Out of 11 games played in February, we’re 5-2-4, and have gotten 14 out of 22 possible points. That’s not horrible. We’ve only lost 6 games in regulation in 2 months. We're playing like a contender, because we are. This season can probably be considered season number one of the true re-build. We are going to be a force next year.

Speaking of rebuilding parts... Johnson was back on skates the other day for the first time since the Golf Cart Incident. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the mother of all road trips to Sweden next year.

I'm really enthuastic about the road trip, but it robs me of a chance to see the Blues pre-season next year, and possibly during the season. :( I hate being out of market.

2 comments:

Thrasher Talk said...

With the Blues' injuries they have had this year, and with the disappointment coming from Manny Legace's Palin-induced bad season, it's amazing they're still in it. They are definitely a team to reckon with in coming years.

Laura (aka Hildymac) said...

Palin induced, that weird concussion... him tweaking the PalinKnee... I feel more sorry for him than EJ, frankly.

I have high hopes for the Blues next year... TJ, BJ, DJ, EJ... how can you not? :)

Frankly, I think that Bergland needs to be in the top running for the Calder, but that could just by my bias.

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan