Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thrashers line-up for tonight's out.

Interesting stuff. Kozlov and Boulton are in at the expense of Reasoner and Art. If Boll plays tonight, having Boults in the line-up is a solid call. Koz, well, I'm thrilled he's back. I would like explanation on the two players Anderson's chosen to sit. If it's due to being banged up, I understand. Sitting Reasoner over White though is just absurd. Reasoner you notice. He is out there absolutely killing himself on the ice night in and out. White, not so much - you only notice his missed opportunities.

Arty being sat is also interesting. "Hey, kid. Welcome to Atlanta! You've played reasonably well for four games, so why don't you enjoy the buffet. I hear they have a nice pressbox spread in Columbus."

On the flip side, I adore the defensive pairings. Oduya/Cheli; Kubina/Hainsey; Enstrom/Bogosian. The two pairings who played the best together at the start of the season are back together, and frankly I don't see any I consider more "top line" than "bottom line." How we can't win with a line up like that is beyond me.

Oh, wait. You score goals. Hm. Hopefully we can pot a few to support Moose tonight. He was excellent against Nashville and really deserved a W.

2 comments:

Sunshine36616 said...

WHAT?!?!?! The thought of sitting Reasoner for any other reason but an injury is just ludicrous. I can't even begin to understand. Wow.

I AM excited about watching Oduya and Cheli though.

Laura (aka Hildymac) said...

I'm looking forward to seeing them, but you're right... the sitting of Marty's just... it's just weird. Out of all the players that could sit because of underperformance, he's not one of them.

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan