Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thrashers Call Up Chris Chelios

In a move that might be more "aw, give the old guy a shot!" than "hey, we need to win a game here," the Atlanta Thrashers have called up Chris Chelios from the Chicago Wolves (link to come). I was more in favor of Kulda than Cheli, frankly, seeing as how well Kulda and Bogosian play together, but I do take this as an upgrade over Pops, who is now in my doghouse temporarily (soon to be re-replaced by Todd White, I'm sure).

EDIT: Aaaand here's the written proof. They had to write it in Aramaic so Cheli could understand. Hey-OH!

Oh, and check out the end of that article - Koz's playing against the Blue Jackets. Looks like someone read my blog post. I'm sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I figure it's more meant to add a leadership figure to the dressing room than anything else. Cheli's a guy who's definitely been there and done that, and his experience is probably a good way to jolt the lineup. Playing with him has done wonders for Kulda, maybe the same will happen with Bogosian or the team as a whole.

Laura (aka Hildymac) said...

I'm guessing that's along the line of thought they're having. He's done a lot of good in Chicago, and we don't have a big, bad, playoff vet here other than Kubina (and Kozzie, but... yeah), so this might actually do some sort of good. Hopefully.

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan