Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things I discovered today...


It's not hockey related, but I AM starving, so I decided to putter around on the origins of food. I knew that the ice cream cone was invented at the 1904 World's Fair, but I never knew that the crab freaking rangoon was too. Best food ever, and I shall probably make a butt-ton of these for dinner tonight.

Also distinctly St. Louisan? Pork steaks. Weird... I guess growing up eating them all of the time made me just think that everyone was that smart. Other foods I miss and damn well better be eating over spring break: Ted Drewes Concretes, toasted ravioli, and Imo's Pizza. And anything coming from the Hill. And, well... about half of this website. God, I hate Atlanta food. It's not bad, it's just not... unique in any way, shape, form, or fashion. This is what happens when you have no immigrant community. Grits. Take that as a warning.

This Cardinals Opening Day trip better not get screwed up.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Thrashing the Blues. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan